Saturday, December 3, 2011

An Alphabet Trip to the Limerick Zoo - review


I recently had an opportunity to review this book. The first thing that popped out at me is all the colors. I love how colorful it is. It has a different animal and picture for every letter of the alphabet.

Now the part for my review. I really wanted to like this book but I would give it a 2 stars out of 5. This book cost $9.99, now granted you can share this book with up to 6 friends, but I personally wouldn't pay that for this book. I find that most of the pictures aren't colored professionally. I understand that this is a child's book, but for that price I would expect better quality in the pictures. In most of the pictures you can see the marker marks standing out.

I tried to read this book to my children. Normally they LOVE to sit down and have me read to them but about half way through they got bored and left. I finally got my son to come back and finish the book with me. I ended up having to stop at "Q" because it talks about a Quagga and how they are dead. Yep, the word dead is in the book. I understand that death is a part of life but I hate to have to explain to my child about why it is in a child's book.

After reading this book and reading it with my kids, I personally don't feel like I can recommend it. This is just my opinion and there are plenty of other reviews that just absolutely loved this book. If your interested in checking it out for yourself please head over to their website. There is also a Youtube video here if you are interested in seeing some of the pages.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment