Saturday, December 10, 2011

Decorative Ceiling Tiles


I recently had the opportunity to review Decorative Ceiling Tiles. At first when I received my tiles (1 faux tin celing tile and 1 Styrofoam ceiling tile) I wasn't expecting them to be so big. I was impressed with how pretty the faux tin tile looked. I personally think these drop ceiling tiles would look wonderful in a kitchen or a master bedroom. I have also seen photographers use these tiles as back drops.

The first thing my little crafty mind thought about is all the possibilities that I could make with this one tile. The first thing I thought of was how great this would be to cut the inside out and make a mirror out of it. Then I kept thinking "what can I do with the rest of this?". . . . My mind keep going and I thought that the middle would make a lovely centerpiece. SO now I'm thinking I would cut the very center out and place a candle in there to make a beautiful center piece. Now if I did both of these, I have a wonderful mirror, and great centerpiece and then one piece left to do something with. . . What should I do with it? WELL how about a Christmas ornament? So now I took this tile that cost $9.99 and turned it into 3 great gifts/items for any house.

With the foam tile my husband came up with a great idea. What he is going to do is color all the lines with different colors and then cut out areas to put pictures in. What a great Christmas gift for grandparents.

*Im in the process of making these so pictures to come soon

Here is a picture of the tile as I received it


Here is a picture of my new mirror frame. I just need to add the mirror and then a frame to hold it. (I also need to paint the back so it doesn't show up on the mirror as being white)


Here is a picture after I did the 1st cut-out


My new center piece, ok well almost... Just one more part to cut out
 

My new center piece. I added a candle to the center and then to cover the hole in the middle I added flowers around the candle. 

The very center that I cut out. I'm going to finish the edges and add a back to this and turn it into an ornament for the tree. 




Click here to take you to Faux Tin Glue Up Install

Click here to take you to Faux Tin Drop Ceiling Tiles Installation

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment