Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cook'n Software - Review


I will have to admit that I have an addiction to cookbooks. My collection keeps getting bigger and bigger each year. Since my collection is getting so big I have been allowed only 2 shelves of my favorite cookbooks on our bookshelf in the living room. If I was to have all of them out I would need a couple bookshelves. So for now the rest are in boxes in the closet.

When I found out I was chosen to review the Cook'n software I was super excited. Ok, that might be a little under exaggerated. Any thing that has to do with recipes and cooking I am all about. I just have to say that this program ROCKS!!! It is the coolest recipe software I have ever used. I have tried out several different cookbook software (trial version) when I decided to make a cookbook for my local MOPS group and hated them all. They were difficult to use or I hated the way that it made the recipes appear. I just ended up making it in a word document, which seemed to take forever. If I would have had this program, it would have made my life much easier during that time. One thing I found that the company does that is neat is that when you purchase the software they give you a code to download one of their cookbooks. I ended up downloading the Cook'n Taste of Home cookbook.
Below is a list of the "coolest" features it has in my opinion.

The 1st cool feature: Can you think of a time when you searched the internet for the perfect recipe for something and then later on tried to remember where you found it but couldn't? Well this program will put an end to that. It has it's own search bar and when you find the recipe you want all you have to do is save it. It will do all the work for you and it even save the picture that goes along with the recipe.

The 2nd cool feature: Have you ever decided to make a recipe and wrote down the recipe only to find out you forgot to write down how much you needed? When you find a recipe you want all you have to do is click the ingredients tab and it will bring up a list of the ingredients. The first thing I noticed with this is that it has the cost of the items associated with the ingredients. So now I know how much I need of an item and around how much it will cost. Now say there is an item that you already have, there are little boxes next to the cost that you check if you have the item.

The 3rd cool feature: Even though it's not available yet for the Iphone or Ipad (they have their app available for the Android), they have apps that will connect your phone to the computer's version of Cook'n so it makes it easy to sync certain recipes to your phone. When I watched the video on their website it showed that you can sync the recipe to your phone and use it as your shopping list. How neat is that.

There are so many more features to this, from making your own cookbook to finding out the nutritional value of your recipe that I could write a book on this fantastic software program. If you are interested in learning more about this software please head on over and check out their recipe software

How would you like to try Cook'n? If so please click here to request your trial.

Oh, I forgot to let you know about their gurantee. They have a 200% guarantee, if you purchase their software and are unhappy with it for any reason (within 30 days of purchase) they will not only refund you your money but they will purchase you your recipe software of your choice.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

9 comments:

  1. OMGosh this software looks like it would be a BIG help for anyone who loves to cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to be able to get all of my recipes in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this.nice idea

    marysims810@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so LoVe to cook...this software is everything I need...and more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would save me from printing out every recipe I try!

    ReplyDelete